By: Goher Iqbal Punn
Overseas box office reports for Players have not been well again. The film has been on way to drop. The presence of Abhishek Bachchan, Bipasha Basu and Sonam Kapoor in the movie could not generate the likings among the cinegoers who simply made the film a big flop not only in India but also in international market.
Players grossed around $1.5 million. The figures taken from the major overseas market are as follows:
England - £192,000
Pakistan - $600,000
USA - $310,000
UAE - $360,000
Australia - $80,000
In Pakistan, Shah Rukh Khan starrer Don 2 did the biggest business. It is said that Don 2 emerged as the second biggest collector in the market there. The total business of the movie was $11.75 million in overseas so far.
It is expected that Players will continue to be the biggest flop in the days to come. Abbas-Mustan’s lavish thriller made with the whopping amount has been emerging quite dropping contrary to the expectations. The makers and the cast were pretty sure of the success but they could not see their dream come true as the film fell badly at the box office.
Shah Rukh Khan’s Don 2 has been adding bucks and bucks to the total figure. Khan is pretty excited with the success and so is the maker Farhan Akhtar. Shah Rukh even bagged the Best Actor (Jury) award for Don 2 at recently held Zee Cine Awards 2012 in Macau. The film also got the Best Action Award there.Read also
- Domestic Box Office: Cocktail opens fantastically – Bol Bachchan keeps on getting good business
- Overseas Box Office: Bol Bachchan gets decent opening – Teri Meri Kahaani goes fair
- Overseas Box Office: Kahaani doing better, others are FLOP
- Domestic Box Office: All latest releases fell flat shows cancelled
- Domestic Box Office: Chaar Din Ki Chandni poor, Kahaani gets decent opening