By: Goher Iqbal Punn
Overseas Box Office has not been well for the latest Bollywood releases except Vidya Balan’s Kahaani which has been doing fair business. The film grossed around $700,000 in the opening weekend, which is quite a decent start. The major markets’ collections are as under:
UK - £70,000
America - $260,000
UAE - $200,000
Australia - $55,000
It is being expected that the film will continue churning out good business in overseas circuit. With its gripping storyline and marvelous performance by Vidya Balan, the movie is potentially a good business fetcher. The likes of Amitabh Bachchan too is on way to verbally market the film by appreciating the skills of the director and script writer Sujoy Ghosh with whom Bachchan did Aladdin. In Kahaani, Amitabh also read out a poem of Rabindarnath Tagore that is being liked a lot by the music and movie lovers.
Ali Zafar and Aditi Rao Hydari’s romantic saga London Paris New York finished with the collections of $600,000 and for this business all credit goes to Pakistan and UAE markets. Other international markets have been quite low for this film’s business. From Pakistan it made good business since Ali Zafar belongs to the land and the citizens supported him by turning into the theaters. The film is a FLOP overall.
Ritiesh Deshmukh and his wife Genelia D’SOUZA’S Tere Naal Love Hogaya ended up the wit the entire collections of $800,000. It is BELOW AVERAGE. The recent releases could not ignite any spark for the viewers residing abroad.Read also
- Domestic Box Office: Cocktail opens fantastically – Bol Bachchan keeps on getting good business
- Overseas Box Office: Bol Bachchan gets decent opening – Teri Meri Kahaani goes fair
- Domestic Box Office: All latest releases fell flat shows cancelled
- Domestic Box Office: Chaar Din Ki Chandni poor, Kahaani gets decent opening
- Overseas Box Office: London Paris New York and Paan Singh Tomar flop