By: Goher Iqbal Punn
Last week’s releases proved to be dull and the box office results were poor. New releases opened to poor houses all over the country. Five Hindi flicks released last week – Mod, Azaan, Jo Dooba So Paar, Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge and My Friend Pinto – all witnessed much poor openings.
The collections have been much low for these releases across the country. Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge did somewhat good business among these releases but overall collections of this film were also poor. Once Ra.One releases on Wednesday, MFK will lose whatsoever little business it is doing at the ticketing window.
In the second week of release, Rascals (Sanjay Dutt, Ajay Devgan and Kangana Ranaut starrer) made the collections of 3.75 crores (approx) and the two week total of the film is 32.50 crores (approx). The movie appeared ‘Flop’.
All eyes are on Shah Rukh Khan’s ambitious project, ‘Ra.One’. SRK’s mega project is being awaited hugely that will glitter on the festival of lights. Hopes are there that the movie will be churning out the mammoth business for Khan. Let’s wait and watch, till then see the domestic box office results below:
|Film||Week||Weekly Net Gross||Cinemas||Total Net Gross||Status|
|Love Breakups Zindagi||1||1,42,00,000||325||1,39,00,000||Flop|
|Sahib Biwi Aur Gangster||2||1,16,00,000||150||6,70,00,000||Flop|
|Mere Brother Ki Dulhan||5||10,00,000||25||57,81,00,000||Hit|
|Hum Tum Aur Shabana||2||2,00,000||25||1,35,00,000||Disaster|
- Domestic Box Office: Cocktail opens fantastically – Bol Bachchan keeps on getting good business
- Overseas Box Office: Bol Bachchan gets decent opening – Teri Meri Kahaani goes fair
- Overseas Box Office: Kahaani doing better, others are FLOP
- Domestic Box Office: All latest releases fell flat shows cancelled
- Domestic Box Office: Chaar Din Ki Chandni poor, Kahaani gets decent opening