By: Goher Iqbal Punn
Ekk Deewana Tha witnessed very bad opening and still the film is struggling very hard to make the collections. The film was being expected to hit the jackpot since the mammoth hype was being created all over the media and among the masses. A R Rahman’s music too was generating much oomph. In total, the film was being expected to penetrate into the masses but it did not happen. Prateik Babbar and Amy Jackson’s love affair too could not add values to the movie’s business at all.
The film got 5-10% opening and still there has not been any improvement at the box office. The makers, who were much certain of the success and good business of the movie, are disappointed. The movie is on way to make efforts to get the audiences. The film got bad reviews from the critics, who did not approve the film at all.
On the other hand, Question Mark (?) and Married to America too good very bad opening rather below the belt of Ekk Deewana Tha. Question Mark did somewhat better than Married to America. Both the movies hardly saw any audiences there.
Karan Johar’s production and Imran Khan and Kareena Kapoor starrer Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu is going great as far as business of the film is concerned. The movie witnessed bigger collections on Valentine’s Day. In its first week, the movie grossed 31.50 crores nett. The movie is expected to make more business in the days to come since the film is worth to watch.Read also
- Domestic Box Office: Cocktail opens fantastically – Bol Bachchan keeps on getting good business
- Overseas Box Office: Bol Bachchan gets decent opening – Teri Meri Kahaani goes fair
- Overseas Box Office: Kahaani doing better, others are FLOP
- Domestic Box Office: All latest releases fell flat shows cancelled
- Domestic Box Office: Chaar Din Ki Chandni poor, Kahaani gets decent opening