By: Goher Iqbal Punn
Abbas-Mustan’s much-awaited lavish thriller ‘Players’ fell flat at the box office. The movie saw the poor opening and the poor start at the ticketing windows in India. The film opened to around 35-40%. The improvement at the box office over the weekend was also poor. Now the movie will have to get higher collections in the coming days.
On the other hand, Shah Rukh Khan’s Don 2 continues to get bigger collections all over India. The movie got a powerful second week and collected 27.50 crore nett. It is being expected that in the third week, the film could drop the earnings but as far as multiplexes business is concerned, the film will continue making the good collections.
Tom Cruise’s Mission Impossible 4 has been on way to make good collections in all languages.
Abhishek Bachchan, Bipasaha Basu, Sonam Kapoor, Bobby Deol starrer Players could not ignite the love inside the audiences. The audience did not cooperate with them nor with the directors’ duo whose films make mark. The film was not a good fair to be watched. The luxurious style, international feel and super stunts are there but the content is missing that is what the audience seeks in a movie.
Farhan Akhtar and Shah Rukh Khan are truly happy with the outcome of the movie and they have plans to churn out the third sequel to Don. But reluctantly they announced it but is seems sure that they will emerge whether this year or next year but the movie will come.Read also
- Domestic Box Office: Cocktail opens fantastically – Bol Bachchan keeps on getting good business
- Overseas Box Office: Bol Bachchan gets decent opening – Teri Meri Kahaani goes fair
- Overseas Box Office: Kahaani doing better, others are FLOP
- Domestic Box Office: All latest releases fell flat shows cancelled
- Domestic Box Office: Chaar Din Ki Chandni poor, Kahaani gets decent opening