By: Goher Iqbal Punn
Box Office India reports are not dashing this time around since all the movie released on Friday were poor and opened with poor responses from the audiences. Box office reports from the multiplexes and cinema halls have been very down the belt – poor in ‘one’ word.
Ali Zafar and Aditi Rao Hydari’s London Paris New York, which was quite well in town and the publicity was done heavily for the movie, did nothing and nothing could allure the viewers to come out to watch this fiesta targeted to the youth. The film opened to 10-15 percent response. Irrfan Khan’s flick ‘Paan Singh Tomar’, a biopic too could not generate any kind of oomph among the audiences despite having good reviews from the critics. The film opened to 10 percent response.
Will You Marry Me, despite having a comic subject and the likes of Shreyas Talpade who is considered to be a good comedy actor, turned super mundane as far as collections are concerned. It opened to 0-5 percent response.
Among all of these films, Paan Singh Tomar has potential to make some business at the ticketing windows. It is undoubtedly the best movie that is well written and executed. And a slight improvement at the box office was also seen as the days progressed.
In its first week, R. Madhavan and Bipasha Basu’s Jodi Breakers turned flop – it made around 8 crores business in its first week and fell heavily in week two.
Ritiesh Deshmukh and Genelia D’ Souza’s Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya witnessed a steady week after a low start.Read also
- Domestic Box Office: Cocktail opens fantastically – Bol Bachchan keeps on getting good business
- Overseas Box Office: Bol Bachchan gets decent opening – Teri Meri Kahaani goes fair
- Overseas Box Office: Kahaani doing better, others are FLOP
- Domestic Box Office: All latest releases fell flat shows cancelled
- Domestic Box Office: Chaar Din Ki Chandni poor, Kahaani gets decent opening